Media Influence: Discuss?

A huge area (probably the biggest) of Media research is committed to deciding whtehr the Media actually has any effect on us at all. As part of my research project im neatly avoiding all this discussion and essentially saying it probably does, in some way at least.

My utopian idealistic view is probably:
If all newspapers could be free to just work in the public interest rather than the interest of a few crazy capitalists then the world would be a better place for everyone.

This is also very similar to the view proposed by Alain De Botton  here :


Would this really work ? Answers on a postcard!

MrSloan

I'm currently a Media Studies, Film Studies and English teacher teaching in a comprehensive school and sixth form in East London, UK. This blog is the work behind the first project of my current MA in Creative Media Education that I am studying at the Centre for Excellence in Media Practice at the University of Bournemouth

No comments:

Post a Comment